Tuesday, November 30, 2010

That Time

Screenshot-1280

That time of the year again.  Yep, it’s ho-ho-ho time.  Something a little different this year – a Christmas tree!  Yep, I put mine at the end of my entrance hallway.  Notice at the far left, the kids’ stockings. 

 Screenshot-1273

So Cheesebum and I were sitting down eating breakfast when he goes, “So you helped the kids with their homework last night.”

Screenshot-1274

“Why wouldn’t I help the kids?” I asked him.  “Satis seems to have a math block.  It’s like she freaks out when she sees a number.  Sety has language issues.  He has trouble with multisyllabic Simlish.  He can do simple Simlish fine.”

 Screenshot-1276

After Andy left to go to practice, I found myself home, alone – with Sage.  Let’s just say, that didn’t go very well.

“Waaaaah!!!” went Sage, and I had no idea what she wanted.  “Waaaahhhh!”

Ok, Savannah, calm down, I told myself.  But I couldn’t stay calm.  This kid was crying and I didn’t know what to do.  Then suddenly I smelled a stench coming from her direction.

Oh no.  This didn’t mean what I thought it meant, huh?

Screenshot-1277

It meant exactly what I thought it meant.  Sage had had an accident and I needed to change her. 

But, how to change a diaper?  The last time I did this AJ was a little boy.  Satis or Andy or Halima usually changed her.  But neither one of them were home at the moment.  So I put on a pair of gloves, rolled up my imaginary sleeves, and changed Sage’s diaper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment