Saturday, November 6, 2010

Love, Bassy Part 10

Screenshot-1155

Hey sis,

Had to pass out flyers to promote the movie and there was this, um, ‘soulful’ lady in a yellow gown.  I knew she was the opera diva, Aria Trill. 

Here’s the problem.  Aria knew who I was.  And she knew who my parents are too. 

“Those blue eyes look so familiar to me,” she said. 

I shrugged.  “How so?”

“Are you related to Nathan Plumb?”

I let out a big gulp.  “He – he’s my father.”

Aria nodded.  “Thought so.”

“Let not a word of this conversation slip through your teeth.”

Aria shook her head.  “Why not?  The resemblance is unmistakable.  I worked with your mother too.  After she left the orchestra to raise you and your sister, it wasn’t the same.  So I came over here.  Truthfully I’d like to retire to my couch but there aren’t any youngins coming up in my line of work.  Everyone’s doing that hip hop stuff.  Shakin’ and gyratin’.”

Screenshot-1176

Speaking of shakin’ and gyratin’, I don’t know my boss’ secret.  She’s got a different chick on her shoulder every night.  And these aren’t plain Janes either, these are good-looking girls, some of them celebs themselves. 

Screenshot-1187

I’m going to auditions a lot of the time now.  This was my 2nd audition in as many nights. I met Terence Luna, who’s a bouncer at the Bridgeport Sports Zone.  Apparently he and I are trying out for the same part.  Turns out he used to be a football player but he blew out his knee, and then turned to acting. 

Wish me luck.  GTG.  Later.

Love, Bassy

No comments:

Post a Comment