Thursday, November 4, 2010

Love, Bassy Part 8 (cont’d)

Screenshot-1117

My next assignment was, as Matt Hamming’s PA, to convince the award-winning journalist Renee Littler to appear in a cameo for our film. 

Screenshot-1118

My phone was still ringing as I was trying to do this.  And Renee wasn’t the easiest person to talk to.  I had to try to impress her by doing and saying things I didn’t want to do and say.  First, I spoke about my family’s wealth.  I said it by not mentioning just who my family was.  Then I dropped a few names – like Matt Hamming.  I’m still not sure if I’ve succeeded.  Guess I’ll have to wait and see. 

Screenshot-1119

The next day at work I had to pass out flyers at Waylon’s. 

I got a call from Alan Stanley, head of the studio, with an invite to his ultra-exclusive party. 

Screenshot-1122

So I drove across the freeway to the Bridgeport Hills, the tony area where the stars live.  It’s an area similar to Summer Hill where we live in Sunset Valley. 

Screenshot-1131

I got to Alan Stanley’s mansion at a quarter to nine.  This is the place he shares with his GF, lead actress Emmy Starr. 

Screenshot-1124

Going to the studio head’s house should have overwhelmed me, but it didn’t. 

Screenshot-1125

I looked around his house, and everything seemed so … old.  Very art-deco type of glam. 

Screenshot-1127

I caught a glimpse of Mr. Stanley, looking tired and haggard, speaking to the music mogul, Tom Wordy.  Hmm, what about?

Screenshot-1129

I’m not sure who this girl is but I think she’s a groupie.  Not sure how she got into this party but oh well, not my place to find out, either. 

Screenshot-1128

And there was my boss, Ms. Verhoeven, sporting a new ‘do and specs.  She showed up a whole hour after I did.  Not sure what to make of the hairstyle though. 

Screenshot-1130

You and I, Vanna, we’re used to parties but we’re not used to them being incredibly stuffy.  Even at our get-togethers we weren’t above dancing and having fun. 

So when I saw everyone just standing around looking dumb, I did what any good Plumb would do. I whipped out my brand-new keyboard and started playing. 

That seemed to tide the time for some folks, especially Verhoeven who came and stood behind me. 

Screenshot-1132

By the time everyone left, they seemed … sated … that some networking happened at Casa Stanley. 

It’s getting late, I need to be getting to bed.  I still have to show my face at the studio tomorrow.

Love, Bassy

No comments:

Post a Comment