Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lights, Camera…Bassy!

 Screenshot-1026

Hey sis,

You’d be happy to know that dad’s lessons have been sinking in. The fact that we grew up with so much is just not enough, we have to share our good fortune with others. I’ve been mailing regular charity checks since arriving in Bridgeport. 

Screenshot-1072

“Hello, Sebastian,” called Emmy Starr as she walked by.  I swear, I think the woman sleeps in glamour and elegance. 

Screenshot-1094 

My boss and I spent all day at the local cemetery doing a screen test.  “Now, Sebastian,” she instructed, “you’re supposed to be walking through the cemetery looking for your parents’ stones.”

Screenshot-1118

I stood where she told me to stand, in front of an unmarked gravestone.  I can’t believe I’m doing this, for real.

Screenshot-1097

“Remember, Sebastian, you’re having flashbacks to when you were a little boy and your parents died.  You’re supposed to stand perfectly still and process the information in your mind.”

Screenshot-1095

“Annnd….ACTION!”

Screenshot-1119

I took a few deep breaths and thought of … absolutely nothing.  Isn’t that what all the great actors do when told to stand still?

Screenshot-1093

“Beautiful, Sebastian.  You are going to be a convincing Clifford Porter.  Now I’m going to have to shoot some landscape shots to go along with your musings in the cemetery lot and this will be perfect.”

 Screenshot-1099 Screenshot-1100 Screenshot-1101 Screenshot-1102

Kris Verhoeven is a perfectionist.  She was an actress until she decided she would rather write and work behind the camera.  She’ll shoot a scene 30 times until she gets it right.  Even of such ‘boring’ things as landscapes.  She says it’s the “Dutchness” in her. 

Screenshot-1096

You’d love this place, Vanna.  It’s the cemetery here in Bridgeport.  It’s huge … and mostly, empty. 

Screenshot-1075

After my shoot was over, I changed my clothes and decided to poke around. 

Screenshot-1073

Underneath the catacombs is a bar!  Looks like a grotto for vampires. 

Screenshot-1074

Well, that’s my agent calling.  I wonder what she wants now.

Love, Bassy

No comments:

Post a Comment