Monday, November 8, 2010

Response #3

Screenshot-1167

Hey little bro,

You’re on “All My Sims”?  Wow, congratulations!

I’ve been mega-busy here.  I currently have 4 kids at home, and I did not see myself in this position.  But it’s something I have to live with.  Cheesebreath helps, but he’s been at his soccer games and practices and that cuts into the family time.  He’s talked about quitting his job but I don’t want him to do that. 

We’re currently looking for a new place to live.  We’ve completely outgrown our house, especially now that Sage has been born.  I don’t want to move back in with mom and dad, I just think living there would be impossible given that I have 4 kids and Halima, the live-in nanny.  And besides, now that you’re gone, Bassy, they’ve got an ‘empty nest,’ something mom calls everyday to complain about. 

I’ve just learned that the real reason Satis and Sety have been having difficulties in school is because they’ve been bullied, repeatedly.  Satis comes home crying every day because she wants to be liked and the other girls won’t talk to her.  Because Sety is more outgoing and friendly than his sister, he’s having a slightly easier time – but the kids still make fun of his accent.  Every time I go to the school I hear the same sorry excuse from the administration – “kids will be kids.” 

“You have to understand,” I pleaded to the principal, “my children were adopted from Egypt.  They’re going to have an accent, and Simlish is not their native language.” 

These are my children we’re talking about.  And they’re suffering. 

Since when did Sunset Valley become so xenophobic and provincial?  I grew up with these people, and their kids go to the same school my kids and I and my father – they go to the same school we went to.  I don’t understand.

It’s incredibly frustrating dealing with the administration, and my patience – already thin – is running thinner.  I’m “this close” to pulling them out of school altogether and educating them myself. 

I know this look is different than what you’re used to seeing.  But my agent suggested that, for my latest book signing, that I curl up my hair and stuff.  Frankly, I HATE makeup.  It makes my skin curl.  I’ll wear it but I’m not a slave to it. 

Well, I gotta go.  Got another full schedule today. I’ll be doing some house hunting, then it’s off to a book signing, and then I have to help Satis and Sety with their math homework.

Talk to you soon.  Love you to bits.

Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment