Thursday, November 11, 2010

Love, Bassy – Sims Choice Awards edition

Screenshot-967

Hey sis,

Consider me your exclusive backstage pass for the Sims Choice Awards. I know, I know, I would have invited you to come down but I didn’t even know about these awards till the last minute and I know you would have had to pack up the kids and come down. So, here I am, with the lowdown on what you’re NOT going to see on TV next week. lol

Screenshot-968

The usual reporters camp outside the multiplex taking their notes and stargazing. I’m not talking about with the telescope either.

Seriously, it’s not like the SCAs were must-see TV for us growing up, tho. Neither one of us were big TV watchers.

Screenshot-985

Emmy Starr, a shoo-in for the Lead Actress category. Elegant as usual. Buuuut…. where’s her other half, Stanley?

Screenshot-971

Screenshot-972

My boss, Kris Verhoeven, likely Best Director. I think she’s up for a writing award too.

Screenshot-973

Reuben Littler, who’s up for Best Supporting Actor. His wife, Renee, is a big-time network journalist and he’s been in the shadows, so a win for him would be huge for his psyche, I think.

Screenshot-975

I ran into Kris after the ceremony (gosh, that ceremony was soooo long and soooo boring) and we were talking about a few things.

First of all, her full name is Kristin Amalie Verhoeven. Her mother was a German actress and her father was a Dutch movie director.

My mother’s mother was German, also,” I said.

Really?”

She was from Bremen, I think. My sister would know more, she researched this stuff.”

I know you said you were from up the coast in Sunset Valley, what did your parents do?”

They were involved with the orchestra there,” I told her. I didn’t tell her the extent of their involvement although I probably could have.

Screenshot-977 Screenshot-978 Screenshot-979 Screenshot-980 Screenshot-981

After the SCAs, a bunch of us (me, Alexy Fresco, Karim Wilde, and Kris Verhoeven) went to the greasy spoon in town to grab a bite to eat. We ran into Bianca and Violet Atkins and a couple of others. Violet was playing her piano, too. Who wanted to be around the stuffy studio types at their backstage parties? We just skipped the whole scene and made one of our own.

Screenshot-982

I didn’t get back home till daybreak, lol. Good thing I don’t have to work today, maybe I could “try” to catch up on my Z’s.

Screenshot-983

And there is my prize. Yep, I won the Sims Choice Award for best newcomer in film. I decided to display it on my coffee table.

I’m wiped. Need to catch up on my sleep. Will talk more later.

Love, Bassy

No comments:

Post a Comment