Sunday, November 7, 2010

Love, Bassy – Getting the Script

Hey sis,

My phone rang just as I was opening my mail. 

Screenshot-1186

phone convo 3

“Hey, Sebastian, it’s Kris Verhoeven.  I need to talk to you.  Meet me at my apartment after work this evening.”

And with that, I had to drop my plans for attending Jessica Talon’s dinner party to go see what she wanted.

Screenshot-1197

Meanwhile, Savannah, it’s getting a little bit crazy.  When goth teenage boys take photos of you with their camera phones while you’re walking outside the movie theater, then it’s a sign that you’re on your way to having your picture on posters all over.  Thing is, I don’t think I’ve done anything to warrant all of this.  I’m actually a bit weirded out by the whole thing.  I wonder if it was like this when mom and dad were doing their business. 

Screenshot-1201

Verhoeven moved into a new apartment building right next to Crescent Bay, the Veranda Villas, which was a nicer penthouse with two stories.  At least she’s no longer cramped in one room now.  I had to press the call box to let her know I was in the lobby. 

Screenshot-1202

“Sebastian.”

“Hello, Ms. Verhoeven.”

“Please, call me Kris.”

Screenshot-1205

She then pulled out a leather-bound book from the knapsack she was carrying.

Screenshot-1207

“This is the script for ‘All My Sims.’  You’re going to read for the role of Jon, who’s the manipulative, conniving brother of the main character Peter, played by Devin Ashton.  The two of you are both sleeping with Casey, played by Tiara Angelista.  I don’t write these things, I just put them together.  The whole point of acting isn’t actually reading from pieces of paper, but actually making the audience believe that you’re not an actor playing a role, but someone else entirely.”

Needless to say, I hurriedly took it home.

Screenshot-1210

There’s something about actually having the script in my hands that made it final for me.  There’s a part of me that doesn’t really believe this is all happening. 

Gotta get to work.  This script is over two hundred pages and I have to memorize almost half of it.  Love, Bassy

No comments:

Post a Comment