Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Love, Bassy Part 7

Hey sis,

Screenshot-1084

I took your advice and started looking for an agent.  Unfortunately the Bridgeport Bulletin, which is the paper here, doesn’t seem to be teeming with ads for agents.  It’s more gossip oriented and it tells where the hot spots are. 

Screenshot-1083

I went into the studio backlot the next afternoon.  Matthew Hamming, this uber-actor and 5 star celebrity, and I were chatting in the break room.  I happen to just casually mention that I’m in the market for an agent … and he drops the name of his rep, Jana Griswold.  I wasn’t expecting Hamming to help me out, really.   But turns out he has an ulterior motive.

Screenshot-1094

You’re looking at Matthew Hamming’s personal assistant. 

Savannah, I know you’re sitting there with this letter open on your computer, laughing ‘til you’re blue in the face.  You couldn’t possibly imagine your kid bro being someone’s PA.  But it’s true.  He’s introduced me to a lot of people in the industry.  Not only am I running around town all the time… but I’m on the phone.  Constantly.  Arranging things. 

Screenshot-1108

You’d be happy to know that I’m doing a little more than trailing Matt Hamming around town.  I actually picked up the guitar again.  And I’m getting good at it, like mom and dad.  In fact, women are throwing money in the case. 

Screenshot-1088

I dunno what happened, it’s like one morning I woke up and I had the urge to play.  I hadn’t touched my guitar since dad bought it for me.   It’s like, in one fell swoop I figured out why dad loves this so much.  It’s not only the sensation of the fingers plucking against the strings, it’s the sounds the strings make once the fingers pluck them. 

Screenshot-1096

So that evening I drove over the freeway and played a jam session in front of the theater.  And that isn’t all.  I took classes in piano and bass too and have been soaking up musical theory books. 

I just hope I’m not found out before I begin acting auditions for sure.   Once they figure out who I am, my acting career is over before it begins. 

GTG.  Love, Bassy

No comments:

Post a Comment