Sunday, November 14, 2010

Response #4

Hey little bro,

Wow on the award!  Really proud of you! 

Sorry I haven’t responded before now, we’ve been busy moving.  Temporarily, that is.  We’re renting a house called The Willows.  It’s 6 bedrooms, but not enough bathrooms for our taste. 

Screenshot-998

My newest ghost hunting gig took me, well, to the mansion.  Our mansion.

  Screenshot-999

Screenshot-1000

This audacious specter walked down MY staircase and decided to hide out in MY private museum.  Oh, you KNOW he had hell to pay. 

 Screenshot-1001 Screenshot-1002

I took a gander at him.  Seriously, if he’s going to hide out in the museum, the least he could do was be in costume, pretend like he belongs there.  But nooooo.  “What are you doing here?” I asked him.  He couldn’t give me an answer.  But I had one for him, my nice Banshee Blaster.  No way was he going to take up residence in my relics.  The indignity! 

Screenshot-1003

Oh and would you believe Sadie threw a dinner party?  I mean, really.  I popped my face there while I was on break, mostly due to curiosity.  Mom was there, along with Sadie’s friend Valerie Himes, and Neil and a few other people whose names I’ve already forgotten.  Neil already looked like he wanted to leave. I didn’t even see Dad or Noah there. 

 Screenshot-1006 Screenshot-1007 Screenshot-1008

The next day I got up and I went to city hall to donate copies of my books for the local book drive, and then I had to go to the bookstore to sign copies of my books.

Speaking of books, I picked up a copy of that biography that was written about you.  I fully intend to read it at my leisure (since you won’t, lol) and I’ll let you know if you need to file a lawsuit.  Since it’s from the same lie-telling author, I believe you might. 

 Screenshot-1013

I walked in to the house at one-thirty in the morning. 

Screenshot-1014

Andy had fixed dinner and had the kids eating.  He was telling the kids that His Grimness had showed up at the stadium for one of the fans at their game.  

 Screenshot-1015

After everyone else had left it was just me and Halima at the table.  She hadn’t said much since I hired her so hearing her talk now was a surprise. 

“Sage-blossom learn to walk today,” she began in her lilting accent.

 Screenshot-1016

“She did?” I asked.

“Yes.  And you not there to see her first steps.”

“I was at work,” I said, “I got called back to the mansion because there was a ghost hiding in my private museum.”

“You never spend time with Sage-blossom or other children.  You always so busy.”

“What are you talking about?  Of course I spend time with my kids.”

“You not home when they come home.  You leave early in morning and come back early in morning.  They no see you.  They see Andrew but no see you.  They need you.  They need you to tuck in bed and kiss good night.  They need you tell them you love them.”

I tossed and turned in the bed and was unable to sleep.  I felt like she was accusing me of not loving my kids, which isn’t so. 

Your boss sounds like someone I’d get along with.  Oops, there goes the phone.

Love you to bits.  Later, Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment