Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My response to Bassy’s letters

Hey little brother,

You’re all grown up and big and bad in the city.  Congratulations on your big break!  Did you sleep with someone to get it?  Haha, just kidding.  When you’re getting your Golden Simmy for best actor, be sure to remember the little folks, okay?  :P

Glad you are having fun (so to speak) in Bridgeport.  It sounds like a vibrant, busy city.  Better watch the females though, some of those girls sound … creepy … for lack of a better word. 

I think the first step you need to take is to hire an agent.  It’s a necessary evil, but believe me, you’ll be glad you did.  Why?  When I was writing Interview with a Mummy and shopping it to publishers, I had my agent doing the grunt work while I was in Egypt still writing and ‘researching.’ 

That Bianca sounds a total bitch.  How dare she dismiss the good people of Sunset Valley as country bumpkins?  If she really wants to see the country, she needs to spend some time in the farmlands of Riverview or the Twinbrook swamps.  I just wish I’d have been there to give her an … education … in manners and common sense.  She would most certainly have been put in her place. 

Screenshot-576

Daisy asked about you.  So I showed her your last letter.  She says she misses you terribly and calls my house every day, just about, wanting updates on you. 

phone call

Yesterday I got a call from the director Kristin Verhoeven.  I think you said she was your boss.  I don’t think she has connected the dots between you and me, yet.

“Dr. Plumb, this is Kris Verhoeven.  I’m a movie director in Bridgeport.”

“Verhoeven – that name’s Dutch, right?”  A part of me was wondering how she got my cell phone number. 

“Yeah.  My father was Dutch, and my mother was German.  I read both of your books, really fascinating stuff."  She paused for a few moments.  “The reason I’m calling is, I’m told you’re in charge of Margaret Plumb’s estate.”

“She was my aunt, yes.”

“I’m a fan of her work and would like your permission to adapt one of her books into a screenplay for a future motion picture.  I’d like to set up a face-to-face meeting to discuss this further.”

I haven’t decided if I’ll take her up on the offer. 

Well, we’ll talk more later.  I love you.

Sincerely, Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment