Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Surprise

Screenshot-1252

Just when I thought my brother couldn’t pull anything else out of his hat, he surprised me (and my kids) with a visit on Thanksgiving.

“Hey sis.”  His voice was unmistakable.  When his eyes met with mine we met near the front door with an embrace that lasted a good ten minutes.

“You drove up here – for what?”

“Hey, you know I couldn’t spend Thanksgiving down there in Bridgeport while you guys were here,” he said.  “It wasn’t right.”

I was surprised by how strong he was.  He very nearly picked ME up.  “Been liftin’ weights, boy?”

“Unfortunately,” he teased.  “My agent said I had to keep in shape, so I try.”

Screenshot-1257

Mom insisted on seasoning the turkey even while it was technically the butler’s job to cook the meal.  Truthfully, she hasn’t been, you know, herself, since Bassy left.  Bassy leaving was, IMO, the last straw for her. 

Screenshot-1254

While dinner was being cooked, AJ thought he’d try out his angling skills.  This is where he IS like his dad.  I can’t begin to count how many fish and frogs I found in his knapsack, lol.  I tell him to put those in an aquarium or something but he insists on carrying them around. 

Screenshot-1255

And, as usual, Satis was playing mommy to Sage.  I couldn’t ask for more with her or Sety, they’re great with AJ and Sage. 

Screenshot-1250

While we were waiting for mom and the butler to finish the turkey, Bassy entertained me with gossip from Bridgeport.  “Did you know Matt Hamming has a new girlfriend?”

“New girlfriend?  Really?  He has a different one every week, right?”

“Seems like it.  But this one is different.  This girl Katie has moved in with him.”

I shook my head.  Bassy was dishing out dirt on his ex-boss like it was no one’s business.

Screenshot-1239

He told me he’d started a small vegetable garden and has been knee deep in scripts.

Screenshot-1244

“I did a reading as Buzz Light-Sim the other day,” he said with a chuckle.  “The suit I was wearing was heavy.  I couldn’t chance driving wearing that costume so I had my limo driver take me to the audition.”

Screenshot-1258

Soon it was time to change into our finery (Mom’s idea, so we humored her) and eat.  And yes, that white haired gentleman at the head of the table is Noah. 

I’m stuffed, and headed to the mall tomorrow to start Christmas shopping for the kids.  Sety wants a scooter, Satis wants clothes and the new Lola Belle CD, AJ wants a bike… shhhhh….

Later,

Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment