Monday, November 1, 2010

Love, Bassy Part 4

Screenshot-1036

Hey sis,

Driving across the Bridgeport Freeway is truly one of the most exhilarating experiences of living here.  I admit, it’s even better since I got my new La Matea before leaving home. 

Screenshot-1054

I crossed it once more because I got an invite to my boss’ gathering.  I wouldn’t call it a party because, well, you’ll see in a bit.

 Screenshot-1055 Screenshot-1056

I had to look through the list of residents and press the right button to call on their apartment.

When you build in Bridgeport, you build ‘up.’  When you built in Sunset Valley, you build ‘out.’

 Screenshot-1057

I took a look around my boss’ apartment.  Very cramped and sparsely decorated. 

Screenshot-1058

And then I caught a glimpse of my boss, Ms. Verhoeven.  She was READING.

Screenshot-1060

One of my boss’ guests was sitting down watching television.  As near as I could tell, she hadn’t had any work done and she looked interesting.

Screenshot-1061 Screenshot-1059 

She told me her name was Stephenie Barr … she worked at the studio … and she was married.  Oops. 

Screenshot-1063 Screenshot-1062

Head of the studio, Mr. Stanley showed up.  I had to sit up straight and try to make a good impression. 

I heard him talking with my boss and I know they were talking about me. 

 Screenshot-1065

Before long, everyone else left and it was just me and her at the apartment. 

“Sebastian, is it?”

I nodded.

“Mr. Stanley was telling me, you’re from Sunset Valley?”

I nodded again.

“What made you decide to come here?”

I shrugged my shoulders.  I wasn’t sure exactly what to tell her, so I tried to come up with something off the top of my head.  “Um … I wanted a new experience??”

Couldn’t you come up with something more convincing than that?”

I thought about it for awhile.  “I want to become a great actor.”

She smiled.  “That’s more like it.”  She started telling me a little about herself.  “I moved from Twinbrook a few simyears back.  I’ve known for awhile I wanted to be a movie director.  I used to write and act out plays in my parents’ basement.”

Then she asked about my childhood.

Pretty normal,” I said.  “I had an older sister and a half-brother.”

Screenshot-1066

“You know, Sebastian, I’m writing this screenplay called Zombies? Zombies! based on the book, and I’d like you to play the male lead.” 

I was stunned.  “Me?”  I asked.  “Did Matthew Hamming turn it down?”

“Matthew isn’t who I’ve got in mind for the part.  It’s you.”  She continued.  “I talked it over with Alan and he likes it, a lot.  He’s willing to bankroll it himself, out of his own money.  Emmy Starr is already signed on to the project, she’s playing the leading lady.”

I get to kiss Emmy Starr … on camera???

Suddenly being an actor doesn’t sound like such a bad proposition.  Especially if you get to kiss beautiful women on camera with the world watching – and you get to replay those kisses over and over and over again for eternity. 

Got to think about this.  Vanna, what do you think? 

GTG.  Love, Bassy

No comments:

Post a Comment