Saturday, October 30, 2010

Love, Bassy Part 3

Screenshot-959

Hey sis,

I was late for work this morning so I put on basically what I could find. 

 Screenshot-1026

The reason I was late for work was because I went to a late party. 

Screenshot-1027

I got to the host, Bianca Rubble’s, apartment building at about a quarter to eight. 

Screenshot-1028 Screenshot-1029 Screenshot-1030

Bianca had called for formal attire, but I couldn’t see myself showing up in a suit and tie for a house party so I threw on this casual outfit. 

  Screenshot-1033

I located the party’s host, Bianca Rubble.  She’s actually pretty cute, if her … assets … could hold her up.  I swear, every woman in this town seems to have had something done to them surgically.

Who’s he?” I asked her, rather bemusedly.  “He looks kind of … I don’t know … creepy.”

Bianca laughed.  “He’s Beau Merrick.  He’s a vampire.”

A… what?  What did you say?

He’s a vampire.”

No, I mean the way you say that.  Like that’s a regular thing.”

Don’t tell me you’ve never seen a vampire.”

On TV and the movies, but no, never in person.”

Hey,” Bianca whispered, “where are you from anyway?  I’ve never seen you before in these parts.”

I gulped.  “Sunset Valley.”

That explains it!”   Bianca turned to her fellow partygoer who'd wandered in on the conversation and gave him 'that' look. The one that said..... 'country bumpkin - ignorant and stupid'
She whispered loudly... “They're a sheltered lot.... you know,” which made me go beet red.

Screenshot-1031

I looked over at Beau in awe.  He was a vampire … but he was dancing to kids music!  Nothing and no one else mattered.  I saw that look before.

From dad. 

Screenshot-1034

So, trying to keep him from noticing me, I tried a few steps myself.  Luckily, I think it worked. 

Screenshot-1032

I left Bianca’s apartment building at one-thirty in the morning, and didn’t get back to my apartment until about three.  Coupled with the fact that I had to get up at 11 to go to the studio, and, well, that’s why I was late. 

Oh, one more person I want you to ‘meet.’  My boss, Ms. Kristin Verhoeven.

Screenshot-1002

Ms. Verhoeven works under Alan Stanley, the studio boss, and the production manager, Tiara Angelista, and she’s in charge of the students and the movie I’m in.  She moved here awhile back.

Screenshot-993

It’s an open secret in Bridgeport that she’s a lesbian.  I’ve heard she’s quirky in other ways, too.  I don’t know her that well yet but I’m going to need to, given that she is my boss. 

Screenshot-1041

Oh well, I have to finish the assignment Ms. Verhoeven gave me.  It’s a book called “How to Get Noticed Without Being Seen.”  She told me it’s standard fare for beginning actors.  Talk more soon.

Love, Bassy

No comments:

Post a Comment