Monday, June 28, 2010

Wedding Preps, Part 2

Screenshot-225

“You nervous about wedding?” Halima asked me over the noon meal.

Halima didn’t talk much because of her limited Simlish, but her question took me by surprise.

I hadn’t thought too much about the wedding, actually. The whole thing was just second nature. Sunday was the only day both Andy and I had off from our jobs, and the kids weren’t in school. It was the only day we could do it.

Halima grew up in a very traditional Muslim family. Her mother stayed at home while her father worked. She and her husband Yusuf had planned to travel the world and get to know other cultures, but he unfortunately passed away.

I put out an advertisement in an Al Simhara newspaper and on the internet for a personal housekeeper and nanny, and someone with the ability to speak Arabic was a plus. Halima answered my ad.

Screenshot-155

Andy and Halima went over to the wedding chapel that had been built over on Oak Grove to make sure everything was copacetic.

Screenshot-227

Ari, bless her maid-of-honor heart, brought my kids into the chapel. Sebastian came in right behind them.

Screenshot-226

“So. Today is the day.”

“I guess it is.”

“What do you mean, you GUESS today is the day? Everything’s ready. The flowers, the food, the guests, the music…”

I took a deep breath. “Something’s missing.”

Screenshot-196

I heard a set of footsteps running up the aisle, and shook my head… ahhhh, dad.

Screenshot-229

“I wrote my own vows,” he told me, fumbling adorably through his words. “But truthfully I don’t need them. The only vow I need is you in my arms.”

To be continued….

No comments:

Post a Comment