Thursday, June 17, 2010

Down to the Nitty Gritty Part 1

Screenshot-144

I got a very interesting call, from one Malcolm Landgraab II.  If you don’t remember who he is, he is the scion of the most famous family in Simland. 

You see, poor Malcolm is running for mayor, and he wants to host a fundraiser at his place.  But, he has a problem.  It turns out that his place is haunted. 

Screenshot-145

Even though the Landgraab mansion was right next door to ours, I had never set foot in it.  But I was going to for this job. 

Screenshot-146

After I’d gotten my latest promotion I got a spiffy new uniform and a new gadget called a Spook-O-Meter, which is supposed to detect a paranormal presence within a few feet, even if they’re not visible.   I ran the Spook-O-Meter tool in the entrance foyer, which was unsuccessful.

Screenshot-147

I walked through the empty mansion, in which you could definitely feel the grandeur and sim centuries of privilege… searching for the ghostly presence that affrighted him. 

Screenshot-148

My next target was the kitchen, where the Landgraabs’ French butler cooked all their scrumptious meals.  I began to suspect the butler’s ghost of haunting the mansion… but alas, no ghost to be found.

Screenshot-149

The next place I checked was Malcolm’s old bedroom on the west wing of the mansion.  I whipped out my Spook-O-meter and scanned the room carefully, not wanting to disturb the usual ambience. 

Screenshot-150

Aha!  It had to be – It had to be the Landgraabs’ French butler, Gabriel Bion.  His ghost was purple, which meant he died of starvation.  Ironic since he was responsible for all their meals.  Who would starve the butler???  The plot thickens.

Screenshot-151

“Who are you and what is your issue?” I asked him.  I’ve known since I was a girl that I could talk to ghosts, but they were always the receptive kind.  Gabriel had a chip on his shoulder.  I found out he had the Evil trait – was he secretly plotting to bring down the Landgraabs?  And was that why they had to … dispose … of him?

Nevermind that, I had to take action.  And quickly.  I had to do what I’m paid big bucks to do. 

Screenshot-153

Gabriel got the other end of my Banshee Blaster.  And it didn’t take very long either. 

Screenshot-154

One down, one more to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment