Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 5

Screenshot-76

Cheesebreath and I slept in the next morning. I don’t think either of us got up until after noon.

Screenshot-80

Meanwhile, mom decided to check out the new salon that just opened downtown. She had an appointment with the new stylist there, Francy Fancey. Basically she wanted Francy to put together an ensemble for her next signing. As the former conductor of the Sunset Valley Orchestra, mom of course was no slouch in the fame department.

Screenshot-83

For a cool hundred and seventy-five simoleans, the stylist chose this ensemble for her, and while it’s not something I’d wear personally, I had to admit mom looked great in it.

Screenshot-85

Mom’s audience thought so, too, apparently.

Screenshot-86

So much so that the police were called to chaperone everything.

Screenshot-89

Gosh dang it if she isn’t trying to get Bassy a record deal too.

Screenshot-77

Speaking of Bassy, while all this is going on, he’s entertaining yet another female at the house. One of the Ratliff twins, this is.

Screenshot-88

And gosh dang it, if I wasn’t dealing with nasty poltergeists at the Hart house at work…

Screenshot-79

When I got in, Andy was waiting for me. While we were eating leftover fish & chips from mom’s dinner, we talked. “So, I hear your dad’s book is flying off the shelves,” he began, trying to break the ice.

“Yeah, it’s selling pretty well.”

'”I haven’t read it yet,” he said, “and not sure I’m going to, either.”

“You may be the only person in town.”

Andy managed to chuckle. But I soon changed the subject. “Are you – you don’t seem – I don’t know – you don’t seem comfortable with my job.”

He laughed again. “Not sure that ghost hunting was what I pictured you doing when we left school.”

“Neither does adventuring.”

“Well, that either. I think I pictured you with a nice, safe, boring desk job.”

"Remember when you met me I'd just come from the catacombs in the cemetery. You should have known me a lot better than that."

I mentioned that we’d eventually have to go to Egypt to pick up the kids. And Neil and Bassy both have assignments to go to France to interview someone for the cultural edition of the paper. I’d be remiss if I let those boys go unchaperoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment