Monday, June 28, 2010

Wedding Preps, Part 1

 Screenshot-107

I got yet another speaking engagement, this time at the business office.  I’m now commanding a thousand simoleans an hour just to talk, and, if you haven’t noticed, I’m pretty good at it. 

 

Screenshot-108 Screenshot-112

I arrived at the office at nine-thirty and spoke for three hours.  If you do the math, that’s three thousand simoleans.  With a wedding to plan, I gladly accepted my payment.  As Cheesebreath always says, weddings aren’t cheap, but in my case, as long as my dad is willing to pony up, they can always be a little bit less expensive. 

Screenshot-220

After leaving the business office I had an appointment with mom’s stylist – whaddya know, she arranged it.  I could have done without the visit but, as Ari says, she figured it was an opportunity for some mother-daughter bonding before the big day. 

 Screenshot-180

“When Mrs. Plumb was here last she told me she had a daughter who was getting married.”

“Really.”

“I assume you’re the daughter.”

“Guilty.”

There was a brief pause.  Then she said, “She practically gushed about you in the chair.  ‘Savannah is so beautiful, so special, so wonderful and accomplished.’  She said she was treating you to a pre-wedding makeover.”

My mother said that?

“Does my butt look too big in these jeans?” I asked her. 

“Of course not,” she replied.  “You know, you have a great body. You should definitely be a model.  It’s clear that you work out and your curves are in the right places.  I just think you need something – something that accentuates all of this.” 

My mother is delusional if she thinks I’m going to stand around while someone takes pictures of me. 

 

Screenshot-182

The stylist put me in this purple & green silk coat.  Now it certainly isn’t my taste.  But when I made a one-off red-eye to China to promote my book, I got raves about it. 

Screenshot-185

No comments:

Post a Comment