Saturday, June 12, 2010

Trip on hold

Screenshot-42

I put my trip to Egypt on hold.  I didn’t want to, but I had to, because two local homes had spirit invasions and poltergeists I had to take care of. 

Screenshot-41

Ari’s beach house was hit again.  The poor girl just moved in the place.  I went to City Hall to research the records, and found the house had been owned by a Claire Ursine.  Who is she?  Well, she was the mother of Sharon Ursine, one of my dad’s exes. 

Screenshot-43

Another house that was hit had a particularly nasty invasion.  It was vacant, but the realtor had tried to sell it and it probably would have sold – if the dang place wasn’t haunted!

Screenshot-44

When I walked in, Bassy was telling Andy that he’d won a role in the school play. 

“That’s great!  Who are you playing?”

“Romeo.”

Andy chuckled.  “Well, that shouldn’t be too much of a stretch.”

Sebastian laughed. 

Screenshot-52

When they disappeared, mom was waiting for me in the room.  She was ticked, as usual. 

“I wish you’d get it over with already.”

I stared straight ahead.  “Get what over with?”

“This wedding.”

“Mom, you should be happy for me.  I’m getting married.  You satisfied?”

“Savannah, you think I’m MAKING you get married?  Is that it?  You really don’t want to wed at all, do you?”

I didn’t respond.

“Do you love Andrew?”

“With all my heart.”

“Then why haven’t you done it already?”

“I want my wedding to be perfect.  Absolutely perfect.”

Mom decided to change the subject.  “Seriously, Savannah, I don’t understand this whole ghost hunting thing.”

“Mother – there’s nothing to understand.  I hunt ghosts for a living.”

“You spend your nights wearing an ugly yellow jumpsuit and covered in green goo.”

“And – it’s my job.  I’m sure you’ve done some things that aren’t exactly pleasant.” 

“Certainly the roadie job wasn’t fun.”  Mom took a deep breath.  “Point is, Savannah, it’s high time you settle down.”

No comments:

Post a Comment