Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wedding of the Year Part 1

Screenshot-239

Screenshot-240

The church began to fill up quickly with family and friends. Mom was in her usual pink gown, and she stood next to one of my brothers.

Screenshot-230

“I take you, Savannah Rachel Plumb, your Irish temper, your wanderlust, your children, your parents, your brothers, and your crazy mixed up life – to be all mine.

Savannah, the day you were reported missing in Egypt was the day I realized that not only did I love you but that I was in love with you, and that I had to do everything in my power to let you know of that. And now we are here, about to become a family.

Savannah, from this day forward I promise you these things. I will laugh with you in times of joy and comfort you in times of sorrow. I will share in your dreams, and support you as you strive to achieve your goals. I will listen to you with compassion and understanding, and speak to you with encouragement. I will remain faithful to our vows for better or for worse, in times of sickness and health. You are my best friend and I will love and respect you always.” He slipped the band on my finger.

Was this really happening? I tried not to cry…

Screenshot-233 Screenshot-231 Screenshot-232

After his vows I couldn’t even say what I’d written, so I made up new ones on the fly. “I, Savannah Rachel Plumb, take you, Andrew Cheesman, to be my husband and partner in crime, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, for even poorer when I've been traveling a lot, in sickness and in health, as long as we both shall live, till the Reaper shows up to claim us.”

Screenshot-236 Screenshot-238Screenshot-237

Screenshot-191

“You can’t call me all those names anymore,” Andy joked, “if I’m taking yours.”

“You’re still cheesy to me. That isn’t gonna change because we’re married.”

No comments:

Post a Comment