Monday, November 9, 2009

My Brother's Keeper Part 3


The wedding had begun in earnest. Noah and Sadie recited their vows.



Some guy in the front row (I think it might have been one of Noah's friends) started throwing rice pellets around, right as Noah was slipping the ring on Sadie's finger.



And that was it. They were married. And their union was sealed with a kiss. Seriously, could a wedding be any MORE anticlimactic? I mean, you knew the script before it was even performed.



Poor Sebastian. I'm not sure he actually understood what was happening. He looked like he wanted to be somewhere else. I can't say I blame him.



Dad, of course, was beaming in the front row (although in that shot he looks like he's constipated). He had gotten together with his old pal, Esther Hick, who had been Sadie's boss at work before she retired.



Mr. and Mrs. Noah Plumb took their first dance as husband and wife under the setting sun. Gosh, that came out like the first sentence of a hokey romance novel, blechhhh! But, all jokes aside, their relationship really is out of a romance novel. They started dating in high school and have, to my knowledge, been with no one else but each other ever since.



A couple more faces in the crowd: My sister Cylene (mom's daughter, one of the twins) with my nephew, Neil (son of Noah & Sadie). Neil looked pretty sharp in his white tux. Cylene actually knew Noah in high school, before their parents hooked up.


Interrupting this picture of marital bliss was Noah's cell phone. Who the heck would call him -- during his wedding no less?
Oh yes, I know who. It was Bridgette.
Seems Ms. Landgraab was feeling a little slighted because Noah didn't drop her an invite to the big dance. Actually, to my knowledge, Sadie was compiling the guest list, and knowing how she is, I'm certainly not sure she would have invited her, anyway, for obvious reasons.
As near as I could tell, Bridgette dropped her congratulations on the happy occasion and started rambling about other things. Noah tried his best to get rid of her, and finally she hung up after almost an hour. I could tell Sadie was more than a little ticked about this turn of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment