Monday, November 9, 2009

My Brother's Keeper Part 2


I have to admit, Noah looked sharp in his tuxedo right before the wedding. If he was actually nervous, he didn't show it -- at least not as obviously as Sadie did.



Dad showed up a few minutes later. I have to say, he looked sharp in his double-breasted suit.


Mom and Sebastian showed up still later. Typical of mom, she pretty much stayed out of the way of the proceedings. She says even though she loves Noah and my dad, she wanted to let them have their day. "There is no 'how-to manual' on how a stepparent is supposed to act at a wedding," she said.



I changed into my outfit on the spot. I actually wasn't sure what I was going to wear, but I surely wasn't going to wear the foufy bridesmaid's dress Sadie wanted me to, that was OUT. If you haven't noticed, I've NEVER been one for 'girly' frills.



I heard Noah and Sadie practicing their vows behind me. I know both of them are major perfectionists and want everything to go right, and they must have gone through the same 'I Love You Forevers' at least a dozen times. Seriously, guys, how many times do you have to say it?

Then I looked over at them. "Are you ready, honey?" Noah asked.
"I -- I think so," Sadie replied, "as ready as I'll ever be at this point.
"Let's do this."

No comments:

Post a Comment