Monday, November 23, 2009

Back home... for a while.


Well, to come crashing down with a giant t.h.u.d..
Dad was the same, down in the basement working on yet another song, I think he's gonna incorporate some international rhythms in it. His producer's talking about putting out a greatest hits album. Talk about milking your cash cow.
And I had to help Sebastian with his math homework. He's having trouble with long division. Fortunately I'm pretty good at math so I decided to teach him a method I used. But all he wanted to talk about was my trip.
"Bastian, I'll tell you after you do your homework," I had to tell him over and over.




After arriving home, I decided to visit Ari. I hadn't seen her since our graduation party and, of course, quite a few things had changed, not the least of which the fact that I'd traveled to Egypt.
"Savannah!" Her voice rang out clear as a bell.
I ended up gushing to her about everything. "So, when I open the sarcophagus and the mummy jumps out --"
"You mean -- you really saw one?" Ari asked me. "I thought they were, you know, just myths."
"Like, yeah, I did, and I have the pix to prove it."
Ari shook her head. "Ok, Vanna, I'm used to your tall tales by now, but you've totally outdone yourself this time."



I pulled out my bag and showed her all the ancient artifacts I'd collected and the pix I'd taken of the Great Sphinx, the Pyramids, the Ruins of Karnak, and the campsite where I'd stayed.
"Oh... wow.... you know, Savannah, this trip has really gotten to you, hasn't it? I've never seen you so animated. You're practically glowing.... and it's not because of the sun tan either." I'd never thought about it that way. Ari was right, the trip had changed me, in ways I hadn't even realized. I'd come fully alive in the desert, in a way I never had before. I knew the adventuring life was the one I was going to pursue. I, Savannah Rachel Plumb, was going to be the sim world's greatest adventurer.

No comments:

Post a Comment