Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sebastian update


While all that was going on, quietly, under the radar, Sebastian started school.
My parents were certainly relieved. It was no more diapers, no more formula, no more hiding in toy boxes and no more constant crying.



Instead, those were replaced by daily music 'lessons' from dad...



...and LOTS and LOTS of time on the computer. Seriously, the boy spends more time on the computer than he does anywhere else. When he gets up in the morning the first place he goes is the computer in the basement. He chats online, he plays games (especially that Computer Chess...Simplified game mom put on there, and who knows what else. When he's done with homework (which he does the minute he gets in from school), that's where he goes, too.



Meanwhile, it's kind of peaceful in the daytimes to have the house to myself now. I tend to use the time to paint and write. I've been painting since I was little, actually. I'm told I asked for my first paintbrush as soon as I became a child. As for writing, I think I truly 'discovered' how much I liked it in my teens.



Oh, and another thing. Sebastian's got this little 'girlfriend.' It's actually really cute. Her name is Daisy Ramsey. He was at her house one day, and the next day she came here. As it is, they're practically inseparable.


He's already got friends. He has this easy, breezy manner about him, like he doesn't have a care in the world. Kinda like...kinda like dad, actually. I'm envious of him, really. Friendships and things come so easily for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment