Sunday, November 1, 2009

Party Time Part 2


After leaving Darrel's, I drove all the way across town to perhaps one of my two or three favorite places in all of Sunset Valley -- the cemetery.
I don't quite know why I love it; I think I find some measure of peace when I go there. I suppose I'm weird that way; and I suppose I'm wired that way.



I stood there amongst the weeds and read the names on the markers. I didn't see any ghosts around, and I couldn't stay long, since the stupid curfew was still in effect, and since I'd broken curfew twice, the third time would ship me off to the jailhouse. Something told me I didn't want to be there.
I wondered what kinds of lives these people led. Were they doctors, business people, scientists? Who knows.

When I got home, Bastian was being the pest he is and was refusing to go to bed, even for mom. I had to lift him out of the toy chest he was hiding in and put him back in his crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment