Sunday, October 11, 2009

Noah's visit



Noah paid us a visit, his first since he became father to Neil Patric Plumb, my first nephew. I didn't catch the whole conversation, but Noah wasn't exactly feeling charitable.
Apparently he's gotten himself in a little... situation... with one Bridgette Landgraab. If the name sounds familiar, it should. She's granddaughter to Malcolm Landgraab (Aunt Margaret's kinda-sorta-ex) and great-granddaughter to Geoffrey and Nancy Landgraab. Nancy's family practically founded the whole town.
"Dad, you told me to be nice to her, but I'm telling you, she's freaking psycho!" I had never heard Noah shout like that, he's usually even-tempered like dad is.



I sat primly in the basement, trying my hardest not to appear as though I was listening.



"I went over to see Caroline (Malcolm's daughter) who had commissioned a painting of her father. Bridgette prances through the house in her bathing suit. Now, I'd remembered her when she was a little girl and she wanted to show me that she was all grown up now. "




"Noah?"
"Who are you?" I asked.
"Bridgette Nanette Landgraab," she answered in a husky voice.




"Oh, come on, loverboy, you know you want this."
"Um --" I stammered, trying to get out of the way. "I can't do this."
"Whaddya mean you can't do this?"
"Just like I said. I can't do this."



"I turned around and left the house. It was getting too freaky in there."



"I couldn't wait to get back to my painting." (Noah's mom, Holly Alto, was a fairly notable artist in her own right)

No comments:

Post a Comment