Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm off!


After dad pretty much gave me his blessing, I checked online at sims.world-adventures.com (author's note: not a real site) and looked at the three currently available destinations. I signed up with MorcuCorp as an archeologist-in-training. Most of you know that archeology and genealogy are two big interests of mine and have been for awhile. For my first trip, I've chosen Egypt. I'm fascinated by mummies and tombs and hieroglyphics (sp). I first tackled the catacombs beneath Sunset Valley when I was a child. I figured the tombs in Egypt were just the logical next step.



I chose a new tomb-raiding outfit (as I heard it's warm in the desert in the daytime and cool there at night), and I packed some odds and ends like my guitar, some reading material, Aunt Margaret's laptop, her bike, some water, and some skin moisturizer (don't want my skin to get overly parched while I'm combing tombs).



I had mom braid my hair before leaving because, quite frankly, it'll be too hot in the desert to leave it hanging down. She didn't want me to take this trip, but she sounded pretty resigned to me actually doing it. Before she left, though, she gave me a death flower. Mom is big on gardening and knows plants like the back of her hand. Apparently the death flower could be used to give to the Grim Reaper in exchange for 'another life.'



I called the travel agent to let her know I was ready to go. Dad gave me one of his big bear hugs and mom a once-over. She sighed.



I walked out of the door, not sure if I would ever see my home again. My grand adventure had officially commenced.


Oh... one more thing. If you want to keep up with me and my adventures, head on over to my new 'personal' travel blog. Click on the picture link above to go there. I'll be back @ JPN when I return home.
Ciao for now,
Savannah R. Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment