Monday, November 9, 2009

My Brother's Keeper Part 4


While Noah was on the phone with Bridgette, I saw everyone was standing around and the party was pretty much dead. So I got out my guitar and started playing.


I'd played in public before, but not in this situation, so naturally I was a tad nervous. But as I was playing I got more and more comfortable.





Most of the party guests -- including the bride and eventually the groom -- gathered around me. There was this one creepy old guy who was watching me like a hawk. I suppose it's true what my dad always says about music -- it's the ultimate ice breaker.



Speaking of dad, he and Esther were yukking it up in a corner. I don't know if they were actually watching or not -- maybe they were, maybe they weren't.


Out of the corner of my eye I spotted Noah. I couldn't even read the expression on his face. He's not like dad, where what you see is what you get. Dad is an open book, you pretty much know what to expect. With him, there's a little more mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment