Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A visit with Noah


On Sunday I visited my half-brother Noah, who himself had delivered his first child, Neil. Neil was actually born BEFORE Sebastian, so he's a little bit older than my brother, who, by the way, cries just about all the time. Aunt Margaret spends most of her time with him nowadays. I teased Sadie about Neil looking like a handful.


Oh, speaking of Aunt Margaret, I ran into her while I was leaving yesterday to go to work. I've been thinking I want to have my birthday party on the beach, and I'm also eyeing this little light blue beach house (as blue is my favorite color) to move into when I become a YA.



"I remember when you were so little," Aunt Margaret said. "Now look at you."
I shrugged my shoulders. "Time flies."
"You know, Savannah," she said in that lilting slightly British accent she has (as she was born in England, my dad was born here in Sunset), "they didn't make skirts that short when I was young."


Ok, so I digress. I spent Sunday with Noah and his boy, Neil. Thing about Noah is, the more I look at him, the more I see daddy. What I mean is, the guy is hardly ever in a bad mood, he's always smiling, and he doesn't seem to have a care in the world. Sometimes I wish for their attitude, but I actually think I'm more like mom than like dad.

When Noah isn't dealing with potty training and the like for his little one, he's playing video games with my other half-brother, William (Billy) Tripp. Their game of choice is Madden NFL Football. Something you should know is I HATE football. I hate most sports, actually, though dad claims to have a picture of us playing catch a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment