Sunday, October 25, 2009

Darrel



Remember Darrel Marks, the guy I ran into at the mall? He's the one I caught hitting Kris' sister, Grace Geary.
Well, there's been some -- developments -- that I thought you'd be interested in. See, Grace moved back to Driftwood with her mom. I can't say I blame her, the way Darrel treated her. But Darrel asked to come over to my place and study. So I said, okay. We'll go over some things for English and trigonometry. It may seem strange for the daughter of two musicians to like math, but I do.



I even came out and asked him, why'd you hit her?
He was, like, "Why did I hit who?"
"You hit Grace, I saw you." And I warned him that if he even as much as laid one unnecessary finger on me he would hear from my dad, my lawyer, and the police, in addition to my fist. I mean, I may be slight, but I am not scared of anyone. I'm tougher than I look.


I know I shouldn't be thinking this way, but I'm totally falling for him. I don't even know why I'm feeling this way. He's chubby, bald, not even cute -- in a conventional way. He dresses in these clashing checks and plaids. Once I found out he was brave, like me, I think I was gone. The kicker is that he also likes exploring and hanging out in cemeteries. Never mind that he's also clumsy and mean-spirited.
My llama, what's wrong with me? He is totally not right for me in any way, so why do I feel this way? I'm certainly not one of those desperate women who'll just woohoo with anything that has a pulse. Or at least, I thought I wasn't. Please knock some sense into my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment