Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dad's birthday




On top of everything else that's been going on, dad had his elder birthday party recently. I tell you, I looked at the pictures of grandpa and dad pretty much looks exactly like him, it's spooky.



When we sat down to eat our cake, Noah broached the subject of the wedding. Now, with everything else going on, the wedding was kinda on the back burner, but he kinda brought it back to the forefront.



"So -- you coming to my wedding, dad?" Noah asked over cake in the banquet room.
"Of course I'm coming, son. I wouldn't miss it for the world."
"Dad - you're not gonna show up for the wedding in your loud patterned purple shirt, will you?"
"Why do you ask?"
"Cause Sadie and I have a color scheme picked out, and we want everyone in the family to come in that color."
"What are those colors?"
"Seafoam and green," Noah said with a smile.
Dad laughed his trademark hearty laugh. If I didn't know any better I'd have thought it came from Yorkshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment