Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Saturday Misery


What a way to spend a miserable Saturday afternoon. I mean, with crystal clear skies, I'd much rather be out and about. Instead mom has grounded me endlessly and dad is dragging me to his job. Fun.



Dad isn't much of a cook either. Before we went over to the theater, I forced myself to eat the macaroni & cheese he cooked. I supposed it was the least I could do to avoid Sebastian's constant wails for attention. The one thing about having a baby in the house is that you slip under the radar more.


"Where do you think you're going, missy?" mom asked, clearly still struggling to get rid of her pregnancy weight gain.
"I'm going for a walk," I said, "I need some fresh air."

"Well your father will be down in a few minutes," she reminded me.


I met up with one of the cast members of the play. I think his name was Steven and he actually lives up in Riverview, but worked here.



I saw that cad Andrew in front of the bookstore as I was coming out of the theater. I walked over to say hi but he still isn't speaking to me. I can't talk about this with my parents, and I hardly see the other kids at school, not between school and my job, and the one guy at school I did kinda talk to is now a YA and has graduated.



A gratuitous shot of dad being dad, well, because I can. He's got this big performance coming up so he's been spending pretty much his every waking moment practicing, and I do mean that literally. People really don't understand how deeply music runs in this man.



It still royally sucks though that I'm spending my Saturday night doing homework. I don't want anybody mistaking me for a geek. I'm just, well, punished for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment