Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Getting busted


I actually stayed at Kris' place till midnight. But I didn't get caught. Mostly because dad was out doing some musical theater thing and mom was at a dinner party across town.
I wasn't so lucky this past Saturday, though. I'd gone cross town to visit mom's 2 older girls (now adults) and we'd gone shopping and to a concert and stuff. I was on my way back home when the cops came by. I gotta admit, riding shotgun in a cop car is pretty dope, ya know?

When I got out the car, mom was waiting for me. And boy, was she PISSED.


"Savannah Rachel Plumb, where have you been?"
"At Clarice's," I said.
"Do you know what time it is?"

"Yeah, so a watch doesn't go so good with this outfit, mom."

"Do you think I like the police carting my daughter home?"

"So what, mom, big freakin' deal!"


"Go to bed. I'll deal with you in the morning."

When I walked in the house, I heard some guitar music coming from the basement. I knew there was only one person it could be.


Dad. He'd been playing the whole time. Sigh. Good old dad. Sometimes I wonder about him, really. He seems in his own world most of the time, except when he's around me. Mom has said that she wants him to settle down and actually marry her, but I actually think he's already married to his guitar. His love affair with music began in grandma's womb.

No comments:

Post a Comment