Friday, September 25, 2009

A big announcement

So I rode with the bookstore's owner in his dinky old car to my job, all because MY MOM TOOK MY CAR AWAY! AARGH!!!


So I'm cleaning up the cafe area, picking up coffee cups and stuff, when I look up and see Dad, with his familiar bright pink guitar (which actually belonged to my grandma), strumming a few bars of his signature hit, "I Would If You Did." Dad, I swear, I love ya to bits, but you're embarrassing me. People think he's the coolest thing around but actually he's a bit of a dork and I have the pics to prove it.




I was on my way home from work when I caught Noah and his fiancee' Sadie Alvi canoodling in front of the theater. Is it just me or is he getting gray?? He's got more gray than Dad does. Or is it maybe that Dad does a better job of hiding his. Who knows.


When I walked in from work, Mom said she had something she wanted to tell me. I was like, what, am I getting my car back?


"So, Vanna, how's school coming along?" she asked me.
"Pretty good I guess. They want me to read this book called Demand Excellence or Accept Mediocrity or something like that."
"You know I want you to get your grades up. You might think I'm being mean and all, but I'm doing this because I care. I love you and want the best for you."
I rolled my eyes. Why do moms come up with the same mumble jumble all the time?


"You know, Savannah," she said looking at me, "there's something I've got to tell you." When I looked up at her, finally, I realized she was actually wearing CLOTHES. Which could only mean one thing.
"Vanna, I'm pregnant."
I dropped my pencil and looked up at her in disbelief. "Mom -- are you serious? At your age?"
"Yeah, went to the clinic today."
Well, I'll be. Mom has 3 other grown children, plus me. I'll give her this, that she looks good for having had 4 kids.

Mom woke up shouting in the middle of the night. Keep in mind, their suite is right next to mine, so I could hear everything.
Looks like the old man's still got it after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment