Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Noah drops in

It was 10:30 on a Tuesday morning. I'd overslept and decided not to go to school. So, I was surprised to see my brother Noah standing before me after he'd rung the doorbell.
Noah lives in the house next door to ours -- excuse me, the mansion next door to ours. You see, his mom was Holly Alto, a mega rich heiress, and when she died of old age, he got everything.
"What are you doing here?" he asked. "Why aren't you in school? You're supposed to be in school."
My reply? "Yeah, so, what you gonna do 'bout it, mister? You ain't my daddy, and you can't tell me what to do."
Noah thundered, "Smart mouth me again, kid, and I'll have ya over my knee and give you a good spanking -- the kind you deserve. You're not too old, you know."
He asked to come in and I didn't want to, but I let him in. My parents were both at work, and Aunt Margaret was out giving a talk at the bookstore, so I was home alone.



"Who sent you here?" I asked.
"Never mind who sent me, just since I'm here. As it is, I shall tell your mother that you're still skipping school."
"I don't care if you tell her, actually," I told him. "She can't talk and neither can daddy."

No comments:

Post a Comment