Sunday, September 27, 2009

Boy Trouble Part Two

After I came from the movie I looked over at the bookstore and saw that Andrew was still there, along with Windy Alvi, a girl I knew from school. So I decided to walk over there and say hi.



There was some other older lady who was over there with them. I learned that Windy was the sister of Sadie Alvi, who was now engaged to Noah. I don't know why I never made the connection before.

Andrew and I were talking when I heard some sirens behind me and felt a tap on my shoulder. I was, like, oh, crap.


"All right, kids, break it up," shouted the policewoman. "All right, kids, let's go home now." She then looked right at me. "Plumb, you come with me."
"What'd I do?" I said.
"Your mother called the station worried sick about you."
I rolled my eyes.


As I got into the car, I looked over at Andrew and he was... LAUGHING!!!!! He had no business laughing at me! If life were fair, he would have been in the car right with me!


And I didn't hesitate to tell the cop lady that too. "That Cheesman boy, he should be riding in this car too, he was with me. And so was Windy."
"Yes, but I'm working the Summer Hill district, and you live in Summer Hill, which is why I'm taking you back to your family."



I walked into the house without saying anything to mom, who was waiting at the kitchen table.

No comments:

Post a Comment