Saturday, September 26, 2009

Savannah Plumb, Superstar???

When I came downstairs for pancakes this morning, Aunt Margaret and my dad were eating and talking. "You know, Savannah, darling, I'm not sure about that getup," my aunt said.
"I'm going to play in the park today."
"Play what?" dad asked.
"Play guitar, silly!"
"Since when do you play guitar?" Aunt Margaret asked.
"Since daddy paid for my lessons the day I became a teenager."


I found a cozy spot right at the entrance and started playing one of dad's songs from memory. A couple guys looked at what I was doing and decided to watch. So I said, ok, if this is a good way to meet people, I'll keep on doing it. It's not like it's easy to meet people on Summer Hill Court. I hate to say it, but where we live is pretty isolated. There's only Noah and his family and the Landgraabs, and they don't have anyone my age there either.



While I was playing I ran into one of my teachers, Ms. Daniels. "That's a pretty mean guitar you're playing, Savannah," she said, "you know, your dad used to play a lot too."

"My dad? How do you know my dad?"

"Oh, come now, Savannah. It doesn't take a genius to look up the name Plumb in this town and do the math. There are only so many people with that last name here. There's only one person whose kid you could be."

"I s'pose so."

It took me awhile but I figured it out. Ms. Daniels used to be one of my dad's exes. I have to admit it was kinda freaky to know my teacher slept with my dad at one point. I was half tempted to ask her if he was good in bed.

"You know, with a little more practice, you could be doing sold-out concerts like your dad."

Sold-out concerts, eh? That gave me an idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment