Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Like Father, Like Daughter



The more I look at Kady, the more she's starting to remind me of someone I knew very, very well.  Her father, my baby brother, Sebastian Ryan "Bassy" Plumb.  
The pre-Bridgeport Bassy.


Bassy wasn't just the life of the party, Bassy WAS the party. 
Everything I did, Bassy did just a little bit better.  A little bit faster.  People flocked to him.  Making friends was a piece of cake for him.  And on top of all that, Bassy was smart as a whip.
For his valedictorian speech at CSG, he spent six minutes cracking jokes.  People here still talk about it.  That's how memorable that speech was.  No one remembers graduation speeches
Bassy managed to make smart look cool.   I see that same quality in Kady. 


Bassy became a star because he's extremely handsome and has more talent in his pinkie than I have in my whole body.  It's like my parents put all their best genes together to make him.  It's always been a sore point with me.  I had to work twice as hard to get where I am.

In short, Bassy became a star because he's Bassy.  

But, I love him to death.  I've always been responsible for him, since the day he was born.  Even when he was Simland's biggest movie star.  

Unfortunately, the same qualities that made my brother a star caused his downfall. 

I had a letter I had written to Bassy a while ago.  I never sent it, I kept it in my desk drawer.  

I know who you are, Bassy, because I raised you.  Hell, I even gave you that name.  You are way better than what you have been, to yourself, and certainly to your daughter.  You didn't go to Bridgeport, Bassy, and all of a sudden get corrupted and become this person who lies to people.  That's not you, Bassy.  And yet that's who you've become. 
When you were little, Bassy, you took a friendless little girl and played with her, and grew up with her, and might have even loved her.  You also took a scared little boy and befriended him, too.  I envied you because socializing was so easy for you.  You made friends like it was nothing.  You couldn't even see a bug on the ground without wanting to pick it up and hold it.  That was you, Bassy.  People loved you.  People loved you because you were genuine.  People loved you because you were real.
And that was the quality you brought to the theaters, too.  The fresh-faced boy-next-door.  Then, suddenly, it all went south.  It all blew up.  The whole thing with Kyra and Daisy.  Then the whole sordid affair with Madison right after that.  The best thing that came from Madison, of course, is Kaydence, and what you and Madison did to her borders on criminal. 
Who are you, Bassy?  You don't even know anymore.  The sad part is, I don't either.
Love, your big sis


Kady came here from Starlight Shores with her dad. That's her actually walking inside the school building.  Seriously, who finds joy walking inside the school building?
Kady does, that's who. 


My youngest daughter, Skylar, hates her with everything she has.  And she still hasn't exactly told me why, but I think I know.

Because the same thing is happening all over again.

Whatever Skylar does, Kady does just a little bit better.  I believe Skylar is bright, but Kady is on another level.


Bassy himself acknowledged Kady's high intelligence in his last conversation with me.  What he fails to realize is, Kady inherited it - from him.  



That wide-eyed wonder, that insatiable curiosity, that pure unadulterated joie de vivre, Bassy had that, once upon a time.  I want to make sure Kaydence doesn't lose it the way her father did. 

My brother did come back to Sunset Valley after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment