Thursday, March 26, 2015

Light at the End


This is where Bassy, Madison, and Kaydence lived in Starlight Shores. Bassy and Madison bought it together when they were both at the peak of their careers.
Huge, huh?   Three times as big as even Dad's mansion. I've actually never been inside it.

Bassy had made it.  Big time. 

Who could have guessed that behind these glamorous walls lurked unspeakable horror?

Anyway, the dwelling went up for auction today.  I haven't told Kady yet.

Kady's house of horrors is no more

There appears to be light at the end of her very, very dark tunnel.


I told you that she'd joined CSG's creative writing club and made a new friend, an actual friend her own age, a young man with the unfortunate name of Terry Ho.  I'd also told you that they share a love of books and an interest in film and literature.
I've since learned that the unfortunate Mr. Ho is also in the school's drama club and is an aspiring actor. 
As far as I'm aware, he knows that Kady is the daughter of an actor - he doesn't know which actor.


Nowadays she's reading her books on the IPad I gave her. I gave one to all of my kids, so I gave one to her too, and I think she uses hers more than my kids use theirs! 


And he's positively, absolutely, smitten with her.


They have a secret greeting (I don't know what it has its origins in but I think it's from something they read)


 They spend all their hours after school together (and, Skylar tells me, they're together at school too).  I have to tell you, to see Kady smiling and giggling after all she's been through gives me great joy. 


It gladdens me greatly that she's found someone she can share her passion for books with (well besides me)
My book-loving, temperamental niece has stability for the first time in her young life. 
I hate to say it but they remind me of ... well, me and Andy.  And you know what happened there.  Oh, I'm getting ahead of myself.  Kady's still got college, and I believe if there's any girl who'd thrive on the university campus, it's her. 


Poor Terry has the Grumpy trait, and around Bassy's little girl, being grumpy is just not an option.


She continues to prove she is made of the exact same Plumb family stuff.  She met him in the cemetery...


...showed him my dad's grave then dragged him into the catacombs. 

Yep, her first date begins in a cemetery.  She's a Plumb, all right. 





And then there are these letters he's sending her, each letter more forward than the one before it.



Oh and one more thing... On Saturday morning Terry called asking Kady to the prom. 

Say yes already, Kady!

No comments:

Post a Comment