Friday, March 13, 2015

Andy


Andy is not a happy bunny these days.
"What about the fishing trip you planned?"
"The weather's been awful, lots of rain, there's no way I can take the kids out in that," he said while eating dinner.
I know he's been looking forward to it for awhile, having us and the kids together in the great outdoors.  The postponement of the trip has definitely disappointed him.  He's normally a happy-go-lucky kind of guy but this has really stung him.


And then, there's Kaydence.  Kaydence tries all of his considerable patience.


He did praise her for making the honor roll and doing her homework. 


You can imagine Andy's reaction when I told him about Kaydence's latest 'project.'  He nearly choked on his fish.
"What?" he coughed in disbelief.  "She's trying to mess with the timeline?"
"And create her own mythical futuristic utopia."
"Vanna, I totally get that Kaydence is very bright and imaginative  - but don't you think she's taking this a little too far?"
"That's what I told her.  But, she is a Plumb..."
"You know, I knew a girl once who was very bright and imaginative... used to tell me lots of stories about befriending ghosts in the cemetery at night.   That girl put her stories to paper and became a writer.  Her niece reminds me a lot of her."
"She's on a different level, Andy," I told him.  "She's on a completely different level."

No comments:

Post a Comment