Friday, February 12, 2010

Visiting Noah


I decided to pay a visit to Noah the next morning, which was a Saturday. It was the same day Bassy and dad had gone over to the stadium for a soccer game.




"Neil, did you take out the trash?"
"No, why?"
"Didn't I tell you to take out the trash?"
"I told you I wasn't doing it, mom. Besides, isn't that the maid's job?"


"Neil, it's time for you to start pulling your weight around here. You don't go to school. All you do is lay around playing video games. I'm sick of it."
"Well it's what I want to do."
"It's got to stop, Neil!"



"This is all the time," Noah bitterly complained.

I had never seen him like this. He looked like he hadn't slept in days.

"He -- he's totally out of control. I'm worried sick about him."

"What's going on?"

"Well, besides the arguments?" He managed a chuckle. "He's skipping school to stay home and play video games. He's drinking. He's a whiny little spoiled brat. I have no idea how it got this bad."

"What are you going to do?"

"Savannah -- he needs a reality check, and you're probably the only person who can give it to him. Maybe -- maybe -- if you could take him to Egypt or something -- he'll see that not everyone lives like he does."

I laughed. "Noah, he wouldn't last one day in Egypt. You know it, I know it, and he knows it."

"Just think about it, Savannah."

No comments:

Post a Comment