Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Cry for Help


"Vanna, can I talk to you for a sec?"
Bassy knocked on my bedroom door. I was working on my latest travel notes when he came in. "It -- it's about Neil."
Neil, of course, is Noah's son -- and our nephew. In Bassy's case, Neil is actually four simdays OLDER than he is.
"Vanna, I'm worried about Neil."
This came as a bit of a mild surprise.
"You know when you guys were in Egypt I was staying at his place next door. Anyway, Neil was drinking, playing video games and skipping school to do both."
"He's drinking?"
"I'd say he's an alcoholic. "



Just as Bassy said that, dad came in. "Did you mention Neil?" he asked.
"Um, yeah, dad, we were just talking about him."



"Come here, kids, I've got an idea." Apparently dad had been watching this situation for some time, and in his understated manner, was just waiting for the right time to act. "On Saturday morning, the three of us are going to go over there..."

No comments:

Post a Comment