Monday, February 8, 2010

A Foray into Politics Part 1


The next morning, Bassy woke up and surprised us all with Belgian waffles for breakfast. And they were actually pretty good. Apparently, while we were in Egypt, he'd signed up for a cooking class and had bought a bunch of recipe books to learn dishes. I'm actually glad to learn of his interest in cooking, because it's actually HIS interest, not mom's interest FOR him.



And that's his new car, a VFN Kompensator. He says he wants a Volkswagen Bug next. Personally I wouldn't be caught dead in a Volkswagen, but that's him. He's quirky like that.



I got called to City Hall to replace the unnamed activistwho was going to speak on fish heaving, a practice that is pretty much outlawed in town. Personally I think this person simply chickened out.
My call to City Hall was surprising because my family is decidedly apolitical. We didn't speak much about politics when I was growing up -- we were more creatively inclined -- but I knew my parents were friends with the Landgraabs, at least the younger generation. I didn't know the extent of the Landgraabs' political reach, not yet.



You know you've made it when the paparazzi follow you to City Hall. I felt them on my tail but I didn't care. It was me and my scooter, total freedom.




I decided to use the back entrance in order to avoid the paps.

No comments:

Post a Comment