Monday, August 30, 2010

Graduation Day

Screenshot-569

Just before going over to my parents’ for Bassy’s birthday bash, I decided to help Cheesebum out in his small veggie garden.  “I didn’t know you gardened,” he teased.  “Didn’t think you’d want to get your hands dirty.”

“Mom was big on gardening,” I reminded him, “everything Bassy and I ate from the time we were born until the time we’ve grown up, was made from ingredients grown in the garden.”

“Wow – so a special diet eh?”

“I guess you could say that.”

Screenshot-536

We got to the Community School at 5:30 and then took our seats in the auditorium.  Bassy showed up in his cap and gown, flashing his million-watt smile.  I swear, the kid could be so incredibly cheeky sometimes.

He’d asked me a couple times to help him with his valedictorian speech.  He didn’t need my help, he killed it on the podium.  In fact I don’t even think he used his prepared speech.  “I’d like to thank mom and dad, for being famous enough to hire tutors and choosing not to.  I’d like to thank my brothers for being way older than me and not being around to fight, and I’d like to thank my sister, for braving all those tombs and providing all those relics for the archaeology exhibit, thus giving me tons of extra credit…”  He sure stuffed the pomp down their circumstance.

  Screenshot-539Screenshot-538 Screenshot-540 Screenshot-541  Screenshot-544 Screenshot-545  

Screenshot-548

We went to the park for the baccalaureate ceremony.  When I got there, dad was debuting his latest composition, and it was a treat to see him out and about again.  These days he likes to leave the spotlight to the younger folks, but he proves time and again that he’s still Sunset’s greatest performer and will be until he goes to the great beyond.   

Neil (yes that’s him in the orange tie) chose this occasion to debut his new GF, Noelle Hong (in the brown pants).  I’m betting she’s the one behind his new wardrobe.  The Neil I knew wouldn’t be caught dead in that outfit, that’s more Bassy’s taste.  The funny thing about him dating Noelle now is that Noelle was liking Bassy.    

When I sat down to eat, Celina Tripp joined me.  Now who is she?  She’s the daughter of Esther (Hick) Tripp and Antwan Tripp and the half sister of Billy Tripp.  I can’t say I know her well, since she’s a good deal younger than I am.  But she’s a cadet on the police force and has been my main source for Bassy and Neil gossip since I can’t watch them 24-7. 

“You know Noelle has already moved into the mansion?” Celina whispered.

“Really?  Which mansion?”

“The Alto mansion.  Where Neil and his parents live.”

“That’s quick.  How long have they been together?”

“Since they got out of school I think.”

I decided one of these days I need to have a chat with Ms. Hong.   I need to know if she’s true blue or a gold digger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment