Thursday, September 9, 2010

Birthday Blues

Screenshot-400

So, this is my not-a-kid-anymore brother, Sebastian Ryan Plumb, otherwise known as Bassy.  Except he wants to be called Sebastian now since he thinks he’s so grown, hehe. Mom wanted to go the full Monty and name him Johann Sebastian (after Bach) but Dad said no to that idea. They compromised on “Sebastian.”  I tease Bassy and tell him it could have been worse -- he could have been Wolfgang Amadeus (after Mozart) or Ludwig (after Beethoven).

Screenshot-544

First thing he wished for when he blew out his candles... was to go to Egypt!!! Oh and we did NOT invite that lady who showed up in the pink evening gown, lol.  Sometimes I wonder what I’ve done to that kid.

Screenshot-580

Except… if my brother is so grown, how come he still watches cartoons every morning, has a collection of toy planes, and listens to kids music?  Right now, though, he’s dead set on going to Egypt. He's so obsessed now that he's sleeping with an Egypt T-shirt on every night and I'm not sure WHERE he got that from. So far there's no talking him out of it and I can’t say I’m happy about it. Mom says it’s my fault because I’ve surrounded him with all the relics from Egypt throughout his childhood.  So, I'm going to compromise with him. I'm going to ask him if I can accompany him. Look at the guy. When it came time to hand out genetic blessings, mom and dad saved them all for him.

 Screenshot-575

“Sebastian, what do you intend to do with yourself?” Mom asked over the birthday cake.  “I thought you were going to put out that album.”

“I actually think I’m going to move to Bridgeport.”

“Bridgeport?  That’s all the way down the coast.  Are you sure?”

Screenshot-576

Meanwhile, I ate in the kitchen with Daisy Ramsey, Sebastian’s sort-of girlfriend.  Truth is, they’ve been pals since they were children.  She’s like 3 days older than he is and, truth be told, I think she’s got a teensy little crush on him.  The other boy is Michael Falcon, who went to his high school. 

I feel kind of weird.  My own birthday is coming up in a few days.  Gosh I feel ancient.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe. I like how he's all like I'm a big grown up but I still like cartoons!!! Cute!

    ReplyDelete