Sunday, August 1, 2010

Baby Blues

Screenshot-509

I’m not sure if I could get used to being a parent. I’m not even sure if I’m cut out for this. Whatever, it’s done, and I’m stuck with him, for life.

Screenshot-510

Thank goodness for Halima. I know I didn’t bring her over from Egypt to nurse my biological kids, but quite frankly if it weren’t for her, Andy and I wouldn’t get any sleep – and I have no clue how to deal with a baby.

Screenshot-515

Screenshot-516

What’s wrong with me? I just had my first child, I should be over the moon. Instead I’m completely miserable.

Being stuck behind these four walls, with a crying, shitty baby is NOT what I had in mind.

Screenshot-512

On a more positive note, I picked up Annabelle Smith’s latest piece of trash, er, romance novel. Mostly out of curiosity, because this was the new book that had dethroned both my novel and my dad’s autobiography on the bestseller list. I wanted to see what the hubbub was about.

First of all, Annabelle’s editor should be fired. I’m no Simlish grammar expert, but I counted at least three badly misspelled words – and that was in the first chapter. In addition to that, I found numerous subject-verb agreement errors, problems with prepositions, dangling modifiers, and misused words – or at the very least, words in the wrong places.

There is an adage in publishing that you're only as good a writer as your editor makes you. Well, Annabelle's editor is complete garbage and should very well have helped her get this book ready for publication. As it stands now it's NOT ready for prime time. This passes for literature these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment