Sunday, August 8, 2010

Baby Blues Part 2

Screenshot-41

A week on, nothing’s changed. 

I still look down at AJ’s crib and see a creature, a stranger, not my own flesh and blood.

 Screenshot-42Screenshot-43

Sure, now I’m able to hold him and feed him… but as far as feeling any kind of connection to him, I just can’t.  I want to…but I can’t.

Screenshot-568 Screenshot-567

It’s so easy for Cheesebutt, he’s such a natural at this.  Why is it so damn hard for me? 

Like I said about Bassy, there isn’t anything in the world I wouldn’t do for him.  Same as my nephew, Neil.  But AJ?  I just don’t ‘feel’ anything. 

Screenshot-565

Of course, it’s not helping that Bassy’s graduation is imminent. He’s been to the house for me to help him with his speech.  And I’ve thrown myself head-long into this new novel.  Funny thing about maternity leaves, they give you time to do things you’ve been putting off.  I guess I’m … preoccupied.

But too preoccupied to deal with my own child? 

Screenshot-40

Satis and Imsety are feeling the pinch, too.  I just got them the new Simlish chart to help them with the alphabet for easy reference.  They’re going to be teenagers soon, and I’m afraid of that even more than I am afraid of potty training AJ. 

I think I need a nice lie-in at the cemetery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment