Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Educating AJ

Screenshot-520

AJ finally became a toddler.  And yes, he has BROWN hair.  Neither Andy nor I have brown hair, so the burnished locks could only have come from one place.

shandra

Yep, Mom almighty.  I found this pic of her when she was younger.  I’d bet even she’d be shocked at this.  Maybe I should dye my hair that color, lol.

Screenshot-608 

At any rate, we’ve begun training him in earnest.  AJ has already learned to walk, thanks to Cheesebum.

Screenshot-615 Screenshot-609 Screenshot-610 Screenshot-611 Screenshot-612 Screenshot-613 Screenshot-614

And I’ve developed a curriculum for the lil booger.  He said his first words, also.  He’s a quick learner.  

Screenshot-617

I come from a household where education was prized and valued, so I'm starting early with him. AJ's like his dad in that he loves being outside, so we sat outside the library while I grabbed the skill books. I began with “Being Smart for Fun and Profit” and moved to “Squares are Not Triangles” and “Bluish Eggs with a Side of Pastrami,” among others.  I suspect he’ll be bilingual as well, both Simlish and Arabic are spoken in our home. 

I think I enjoy the actual ‘education’ a lot more than the diaper changes and the feedings and the being awake at night.  Andy, Halima, and I seem to have come to a sort of understanding regarding the nursing and the teaching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment