Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sometimes, it’s the little things

Screenshot-523

Since I now have 3 kids to travel around town, I traded in my Kenspa (I’ll still use it on adventures and stuff) for a 2011 Ford Fiesta.  I was lucky, they had one in my favorite color! 

 

Screenshot-552

Did I mention that Halima is an absolute godsend?  I know I didn’t hire her to deal with our biological children but she’s been a big help with AJ.

We were watching the cooking show (egads!) on Sims Food Network and she was cradling AJ in her arms.  I actually think he’s going to grow up bilingual – both Simlish and Arabic are spoken in our home.  I don’t want my children to grow up insulated like I did. 

“What shall I call you, Mrs. Plumb?” asked Halima, attempting (if clumsily) to make conversation.

“No, please, I’m just Savannah,” I laughed.  “My mother is Mrs. Plumb.”

“All right, then, Savannah it is, then.”  A few minutes later she startled me by asking if I had a problem.

So I spilled and told her.  Everything. 

We ended up talking for three hours. 

“So you adopt children and then have a baby too?” she repeated in adorably broken Simlish. 

“I adopted kids, then got married, then had a baby.  It all happened so fast – I’m just not used to any of this.”

“Your family want you to marry and have baby, am I right?”

I nodded.

“In my country girls are considered property of their father.  It is custom for girls to be married off very young.  I was married to friend of my father’s.  I could not give him child so he married another and got child.  He died at old age and I came here.”  She paused for a moment.  “Savannah, did you not want marry?”

I had to think about the answer.  I didn’t have one right away. 

Screenshot-411

Oh, and we got hit again.  Same burglar.  And the same dolt assigned to ‘protect’ us. 

And the same result.  Yep, he got creamed. 

Quite frankly, Stacey was more interested in my husband than in actually catching the robber.  Pfttttt.  Whatever.  He should hand over his paycheck if I’m going to do his job for him. 

Maybe I should get myself a badge.  I’m doing a better job catching burglars than any of these dolts in uniform. 

No comments:

Post a Comment