Thursday, August 5, 2010

Undercover Brother

Screenshot-558

One good thing about being on maternity leave is it gives you time to do some other things.  Satis, Imsety, and I were at the library doing research for their school project when I ran into a man who introduced himself as Irving Bellingham.

If the name Bellingham is familiar, it should.  It’s my mother’s maiden name.  So you know I was intrigued.  After all, there aren’t too many folks with the surname in Sunset Valley. 

Screenshot-559

Irving Bellingham was a big hulking guy, could very well be a footy player, was my first thought.  So I asked him what was his mother’s name.  He answered.

Shandra.”

“Same as mine,” I replied.  “Who was your father?”

“I never knew the identity of my father.  I was midway through my teens when Mom met your father.  When they got married I was already a young man.”

My jaw hit the floor.  But he continued.

“Savannah, is it?  Gosh you look just like mom.”

Looks like mom’s got even more skeletons in the closet…I mean, dad was up-front with the fact that he’d had other kids besides Bassy and me.  He made a list as to who and when.  By the time I grew up, I already knew everything in dad’s past. 

But mom…mom kept a few more things under wraps.  She started telling me some things but there’s still a lot more to know.  And I won’t rest until I do.

Screenshot-560   

So the four of us – Irving, Imsety, Satis, and I – went out to eat at the local greasy spoon after we were done researching.  And he continued talking. 

“I talked to mom and stepdad a lot when they were working at the theater.  And boy, did they ever talk about you.”

I chuckled.  “Really.”

“It was ‘Savannah this’ and ‘Savannah that.’ Oh, and they mentioned Sebastian a bit too.  But mostly it was about you.  So, I followed your career.  Read both of your books cover to cover.  Kept every newspaper clipping –“

Okay, now this was beginning to sound totally creepy.  Either this guy was a major stalker – or he was actually my brother. 

I would need to go to mom to find out the truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment