Friday, February 27, 2015

Kady, just... stop...


If Sierra wasn't bad enough... I now have to deal with Kaydence.
My niece, frankly, is scaring the crap out of me.  And as you well know, I do not frighten easily.


And the fact that those two are together, well, should make every sim quake in their shoes. 


I heard Bassy's little angel clapping and cheering loudly in approval.  I walked in to see what she was looking at...


...and on the TV apparently some mad scientist had built an army of Servos!

Then it dawned on me.  The reason Sierra took to Kady is because they are kindred spirits. 

I'd hoped that Kady would befriend my youngest daughter, Skylar, as they're the same age.  Instead, she's befriended Skylar's older sister.

Which makes sense, in a way.  Kady may be chronologically thirteen, but in many ways she's much, much older. 

Kady is an old soul.

I noticed that the first day I met her, when she was seven.  She'd said back then, "Everyone thought we were this happy little family.  But it was all for show.  The only time mommy ever kissed me, she did it while the cameras were flashing." 

When asked which parent she wanted to live with, Kady replied with, "Do I have to live with either of them?"

At seven years old, Kady knew exactly what was going on.  She was one sharp little cookie.

Bassy says that even when Kady was little, she preferred being around older people.   She never really talked to the other kids in the neighborhood.  She preferred talking to their parents.

Oh and get this... Kady wants to befriend Sierra's bot, too.


The way Kady is talking scares the crap out of me.   Even at our Snowflake Day celebration, before she came to live with us, she'd casually mentioned that she was considering emancipating herself from Bassy and Madison.

Emancipation!

I explained to her that she was still too young to even consider it at the moment, but she'd told me that she'd thought about it since she was nine.


The other day, I found Kady lying on her little pink blanket that my mother sent her when she was a baby next to my dad's grave... in the rain.   I had no idea she even knew him.

My father's death still hurts.  All of us.  Badly.



I've also found out that Kady is actually actively writing a memoir.  Writing a memoir.  At 13.

I found out about it accidentally.  She'd rushed out of the house and left her laptop running.  And part of a chapter was up.

In it she talks about her childhood - or, quite honestly, her lack of one

The stuff that happened to Kady, no child should ever have happen to them.  That this happened to my niece at the hands of her own parents, my baby brother and his ex-fiancée, is just unconscionable.

But... if Kady wasn't the way she is, there's no way she survives what she went through.  She's tough.



And that isn't all. Kady made a new friend.


He has the unfortunate name of Terry Ho.   And, quite unfortunately for him, he's crazy about her.


They apparently met after Kady joined CSG's creative writing club - which comes as a galloping shock to absolutely no one.


They connected over a shared love of and interest in books, film, and literature.  I heard Kady telling him she might want to be a director.

I actually think this is doable for her.  After all, the movies are in her blood as the daughter of an actor.  Wonder how her actors are going to deal with that scary temper of hers, though.  I could see her being impossible to work with and a complete and total perfectionist. 

I could see Kady wanting to be in control.

Funny thing is, she enrolled in school under the name "Kaydence Westley."  Westley, of course, being Madison's real last name that only few people know because she uses her stage name.  And that's what he knows her as.  He doesn't know her name is actually Kaydence Westley-Plumb, that my brother, the actor Bassy Plumb, is her father, or that her mother is the pop star Madison Avenue. 

He doesn't know who she is.  All he knows is he's smitten.



But Madison's little dumpling, though, doesn't seem interested in him in any capacity except as a friend.  Terry is having to jump through hoops.   

Good luck, Terry.  You're going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment